Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing 8 - Wikis

Wikis are extremely useful in many ways. The major advantage of a wiki is the abundance of content that is constantly updated and added to. I recently was looking for information on the popular dvd game "Scene It?". Not only did the site wikipedia provide me with what I was looking for but it gave me the most up to date statistics on the game including sales, release dates of new versions, and a detailed history of how it was created. It also is simple to narrow searches down throught the links provided in each page. I was easily able to navigate to "comparison" dvd games pages through the "Scene It?" page. Wikipedia was undergone scrutiny in the past for accuracy issue. With my particular searches, it was important that I had a reliable source. I double checked all of the info with the company that created "SceneIt?", ScreenLife. Everything checked out.

-Adam

You can check out my contribution to the 1o Things Wiki at http://theskokieten.pbwiki.com/

No comments: