Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thing 10 - Virtual Library

Saving the Best for Last. This by far is my favorite "Thing". In fact, this how I got introduced to the Skokie Public Library. One day I called the Evanston Public Library in search of a service that I read about that would allow me to download audiobooks from home. They referred me to the Skokie Public Library. Unfortunately, I had to be a Skokie Card Holder to utilize this service. A couple months later, I took a position as a part-time Technology Assistant and was able to take full advantage of OverDrive. I now use it regularly. It is simple to use and the collection gets larger and larger every month. E-books are something that I haven't spent much time accessing but I plan to in the future.

-Adam

1 comment:

rich said...

congrats on finishing the 10 things :)